Month: October 2021
Health Matters October Update:
- YOUR FEEDBACK MATTERS! Please take a few minutes to complete the 2021 Health Matters Employee Feedback Survey by Friday, October 22.
- LAST CHANCE! Join State employees from all around Idaho to run, walk, jog, or skip a 5K distance (3.1 miles) in the Second Annual Health Matters Virtual 5K Run/Walk.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Learn the facts about breast cancer and why screening should be a regular part of your health care.
- It’s officially soup season! Try this warming Slow Cooker Squash Soup this weekend.
- Feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or just ‘off’? Talk it out! Take control of your well-being by accessing free, confidential counseling with the Employee Assistance Program.
- Check out the October Health Matters printable calendar for healthy Halloween snacks that are frighteningly easy.
- Find strategies for boosting your resilience and ability to bounce back from everyday challenges.
- Learn how proper body position and workplace setup can help you feel more comfortable while working during National Ergonomics Month.
- Make this quick and hearty Skillet Pasta Dinner that the whole family will enjoy!
- Find out ways you can advocate for your loved ones in long-term care in this month’s article from the Idaho Commission on Aging.
- UPCOMING VIRTUAL LUNCH AND LEARNS:
- Easy Ergonomics – Thursday, October 21
- The Science of Gratitude – Thursday, November 4 or Thursday, November 18
- Holiday Stress Busters – Friday, December 3