Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI)
The Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho. This is your pension plan provided by the State of Idaho. You and your employer make contributions to PERSI to fund your retirement and related benefits. PERSI also offers a 401(k) plan through which you may voluntarily save for the future.
- PERSI Base PlanThis is your traditional pension plan. Over the years, your pension may very well become one of your most valuable financial assets. The longer you work for the State, the greater your PERSI benefits.
- PERSI Choice 401(k) Plan This is a voluntary 401(k) savings plan. You may contribute 1% to 100% of your pretax salary to save for retirement. The 401(k) also allows loans to yourself should you need or wish to make withdrawals while working. With the 401(k), you pay no administrative fees while you are working.
- Additional PERSI Member BenefitsIn addition to your pension, PERSI also provides Disability Retirement, Death Benefits, Separation Benefits, and Gain Sharing.
State of Idaho 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
This is a voluntary Pre-Tax savings plan. You may contribute 1% up to 100% of your pre-tax salary. Maximum contribution is $17,500 per year..or if you are over age 50 you can contribute an additional $5,500. The 457 plan has some special features for Public Employees. 1. No early withdrawal penalties 2. Loans 3. Withdrawals allowed for emergencies 4. Catch-up provision of $34,000 per year in your last 3 years of employment. And finally there are no administrative fees while you are working or when you retire.
- Go to the 457 Plan website..
Nationwide Retirement Solutions Sessions - Recorded Videos
* Will Health Care Cost Hurt Your Retirement (June 10,2014)
* Social Security: There's More You Need to Know (June 9, 2014)
Idaho College Savings Program
The Idaho College Savings Program (IDeal), offered through the State of Idaho, provides families with an affordable way to save for college.
- PERSI Financial and Retirement EducationPERSI offers a variety of financial and retirement education opportunities including:
- interactive software
- counseling, and more!
- State of Idaho 457 Plan WebsiteUncover and prioritize your investment goals, get a better understanding of investment concepts, and develop an investment strategy that helps you achieve financial freedom at retirement.
- Go to the Learning Center.
- Select Employee.
- Select Investment Education.